Bucharest, May 13. Crosspoint has issued its latest research report, analyzing the coworking and serviced office spaces in Bucharest to date.
- The concept of coworking and serviced office spaces entered the Romanian market in 1998 and has been expanding ever since.
- Currently, there are 22 serviced offices and 39 coworking spaces in Bucharest. New entries from large operators are expected.
- The total area occupied by coworking and serviced office operators in Bucharest stands at over 71,000 sqm.
- Prices range from 100 €/month for a hot desk to 1,500 €/month for all-inclusive services provided to small teams.
- The largest number of coworking spaces are located in the city centre.
- 2019 is set to register new entries from important international operators as well as the development of new concepts.
The concept of coworking and serviced office spaces entered the Romanian market in 1998, when Belgian group Regus opened its first location in Bucharest. Since 2008 to 2018 the total surface occupied by coworking operators grew from a little over 2,500 sqm to over 60,000 sqm. The expansion was influenced by the development of the IT&C industry, the need for spaces where creative individuals can meet and collaborate and most importantly, by the new generations‘ inclination towards alternative professions, which no longer require a steady workspace and a traditional working schedule.
Bucharest is the largest market for such spaces, and the past two years have seen a booming growth of the segment. Currently, the surface occupied by coworking spaces and serviced offices in Bucharest stands at over 71,000 sqm, around 2% of the capital city’s total office stock.
Download the report Coworking and serviced office spaces in Bucharest – April 2019.
For further information, please contact:
Ilinca Timofte, Research Analyst, Crosspoint Tel: +40(0)21 232 45 40
Luiza Chesler, Head of Marketing & PR, Crosspoint Tel: +40(0)21 232 45 40
Download the full report here: Coworking and serviced office spaces in Bucharest – April 2019